Job Title: Program Support Manager.
SUNYANI, ACCRA, GHANA
Salary Offer :
Team Leadership & Development
- Develop a highly performing programmatic team that is able to deliver on the requirements of the projects
- Hold regular meetings to review monthly work plans, verify that all staff under your supervision have clear objectives, and ensure that issues impacting project implementation can be quickly raised and addressed.
- Facilitate a working environment of mutual trust, respect, and care among all staff under your supervision. Encourage effective teamwork, with staff members supporting each other.
Project Implementation & Management
- Oversee the implementation of the projects by the project team to ensure that project objectives are achieved in a timely manner.
- Regularly visit project locations to ensure that planned activities are being completed on time and to the necessary quality, in compliance with donor and organizational standards.
- Monitor progress against project targets on a monthly basis;
- Identify risks to effective project implementation and develop effective risk management and risk mitigation plans.
- Monitor local context, including issues of security and disasters; modify and update implementation plans to accommodate these issues.
- Identify and pursue opportunities for synergy and integration with other NGOs and/or with other service providers to maximize impact for beneficiary households and communities.
- Oversee the implementation of best practices in the performance of field operations.
- Ensures that your team comply with globally accepted Projects Monitoring standards and legislation.
- Prepares progress reports to inform SMAid International Executicve Director of project status and deviation from goals.
- Ensures that projects meet both external and internal requirements, including legal compliance and partners’ expectations.
- Prepares and ensures efficient management and utilization of project budgets.
- Ensure consistent and effective M&E of projects.
Networking, Partnership Building, and Communication / Fund raising
- Develop close working relationships with all project participants and key stakeholders, including government counterparts, local partners, NGOs, private sector, and Churches at local and national levels.
- Establish and maintain good working relations with the relevant government ministries as well as other higher-level stakeholder groups (donors) at national level.
- Ensure timely submission of all the reports, including financial statements, to donors, following the requested formats
- Support external missions in ways that foster transparent and open learning discussions.
- Represent SMAid INTERNATIONAL at key conferences, meetings, and workshops pertaining to programs.
- Formulates a plan/proposal for Fund raising
- Signs and acquire strong financial partnerships locally and internationally
Leads SMAid International to financial autonomy
Financial and Asset Management
- Ensure that resources are effectively used for project purposes:
- Ensure that annual budgets are prepared and submitted on time.
- Monitor funding commitments and spending against budget, ensuring that good stewardship of financial resources is being practiced and that spending is on target with project plans.
- Ensure programme expenses are reasonable, allocable, prudent and spent in accordance with donor rules and regulations to ensure audits.
- Oversee property and equipment acquisition, disposition, and management in compliance with SMAid International internal and donor requirements.
Mode of application
Interested applicants should send their Application and CV’s including one passport size picture to:
firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10th February, 2018.
NOTE: Only candidates with applicable experience and qualifications will be considered.